With the opportunity for an Internal Communications Executive to join our Corporate Operations Group (COG), we’re hoping you will be interested in our twelve (12) month max term contract. You may not be familiar with this Group but COG brings together specialist support services including technology, market operations, human resources, workplace, strategy, philanthropy, brand and marketing. Its purpose is to provide quality services that deliver value and agility to the business. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, Technology, Brand & Marketing and The Macquarie Foundation.
As a member of our HR team of specialists, and working closely with the Head of Change Management and Communications you will provide support in the delivery and execution of the COG internal communications programs. By also providing additional assistance to two other senior managers, this will ensure internal communication initiatives are executed effectively, meeting aligned corporate, business and staff engagement objectives.
With a broad mandate, you’ll work across a myriad of interesting and challenging initiatives as follows:
- Supporting the development and distribution of ‘all staff’ communications across Macquarie Group’s internal audience groups
- Drafting, editing and reviewing communications materials for a variety of internal audiences
- Administering and supporting a range of traditional and digital communication channels e.g. global company intranet, corporate news, presentations, Workplace for Facebook
- Assisting in designing specific communications campaigns across the Group.
- Partnering with business-aligned communications teams to deliver co-ordinated and effective internal programs
- Developing and co-ordinating a Group-wide internal communications calendar
- Determining appropriate use and best practice of communications channels across the organisation – including written, online, video, digital and social tools – to increase the impact and communications experience
- Involvement in the analysis and measurement of internal communications initiatives, and supporting with continuous improvement communications initiatives
- Championing appropriate use and best practice of communications channels across the organisation, including written, online, video, digital and social tools
Tertiary qualified, with an excellent track record of success in an Internal Communications role, you’ll need to demonstrate an ability to work with both traditional and digital channel mediums. Being comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that evolves quickly as well as being able to deliver outstanding results in a flexible, consultative manner will be important. We see you as being self-motivated, flexible and adaptable with exceptional verbal and written communication skills as well as possessing a highly-professional work approach to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
Advanced PowerPoint skills are essential as is a level of competency with Microsoft Office; Workplace by Facebook will be highly-regarded.
If you feel this position offers you the right career path, then we would be most interested to hear from you. We are seeking a covering letter and concise resume as one Word or PDF-formatted document. To include your covering letter, simply insert an additional page into the front or back of your resume.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion – our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.