Beach Club, our boutique luxury property based on Hamilton Island is seeking an experienced General Manager to deliver the highest possible service standards for the hotel. This full time position requires the successful candidate to live on Hamilton Island.
About the Role
- Responsible for the effective planning and operation of all Beach Club facilities
- Maintain a visual presence in the Beach Club resort, creating an approachable presence for guests
- Take personal responsibility to ensure maximum guest satisfaction at all times
- Conduct daily management briefings, weekly interdepartmental and monthly HOD meetings
- Conduct inspections with the Executive Housekeeper to ensure room and public area standards are being maintained pertaining to cleanliness, upkeep and visual presentation
- Direct and oversee any maintenance requirements
- Monitor rosters and staffing ratios in order to achieve targeted wage costs.
- Have a full understanding of all costs associated to the hotel and associated areas.
- Ensure the integrity of hotel billing with an emphasis on control of accounts, credit procedures and cash control
- Maintain a good rapport and working relationship with staff in the hotel and all other divisions
- Identify departmental training needs, plan training programs and ensure delivery is achieved
- Ensure effective recruitment and succession planning is undertaken with the focus on hiring and developing quality people
- Previous experience managing a boutique luxury hotel or resort
- Strong guest experience focus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and outstanding communication skills
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading teams
- Excellent personal presentation
- High level computer skills including Outlook and Excel
- Open manual driver licence
- A qualification in Hotel Management is an advantage
- Must be reliable and flexible in terms of working hours
Island of Opportunity
- Largest inhabited island located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef in the Whitsundays
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Close-knit social environment and work culture.
- Walk to work – forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!