Financial & Regulatory Senior Accountant
- 6 month contract role
- Sydney, Barangaroo based
This role is part of the Group Advice and Delivery team who are responsible for co-ordinating the Group level financial and regulatory reporting delivery (i.e. this team is responsible for the overall delivery of the SGL and SGL group year-end financial statements and level 3 group reporting to APRA).
The GAAD team is also responsible for providing group wide technical accounting and regulatory advice, and process and delivery advice services to the FRC business stream finance teams.
- Manage the reporting processes timetable
- Ensure the delivery of accurate and timely completion of financial statements, left hand note analysis, ASX Appendices, relevant Board / Board Audit Committee papers and solvency declarations for Suncorp Group Limited and other group entities determined from time to time,
- Preparation of accounting memos in a timely manner as issues arise throughout the year for review by Financial and Regulatory Reporting Manager – Group.
- Ensure accurate preparation, completion or review of supporting documents and Workpapers
- Assist with the preparation, completion or review of any Suncorp Group results related documents, presentations and announcements.
- Prepare the goodwill and intangible assets impairment testing, investment in subsidiaries impairment testing and any other reporting period end related activities as required at the SGl level. Collaborate with Financial & Regulatory Reporting teams in other FRC business streams to co-ordinate the allocation of contributory work to arrive at the SGL measurement
- Deliver on the team’s responsibility for establishing, maintaining and reviewing financial statements model, templates, standard operating procedures, work papers, processes and systems supporting the FRC team deliverables across the group
- Manage, facilitate and/or contribute to the governance of financial reporting process. This includes risk and compliance attestations / sign-offs, management certification questionnaires, and representation letters.
Skills & Experience
- Degree qualification in accounting or commerce (Mandatory)
- Chartered Accountant or CPA (Mandatory)
- Minimum 5 years of financial reporting experience post CA or CPA qualification (mandatory)
- Experience in consolidated statutory financial reporting for large / ASX listed organisations (desirable)
- Experience in working with outsourced partners and geographically diverse teams (desirable)
- Proven track record of working in large teams across a matrix environment (desirable)
- Previous advisory experience (desirable)
- Sound knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and financial statement disclosures, demonstrated either in a commercial environment or in a professional firm.
- Sound knowledge and awareness of ASIC regulatory guidance, class orders / legislative instruments and requirements affecting financial reporting
- Flexible working arrangements i.e. working from home 1 day per week
- Up to 25% off insurance, Banking, superannuation
- Employer of choice for gender equality
About the Company
Our Marketplace of products, services and experiences is designed to make it easier for our customers to meet their financial needs. It brings together our strong portfolio of banking & wealth and insurance solutions from across our many brands including Suncorp, AAMI, GIO, Apia and Shannons, as well as those from our partners.
For additional information about the company click on link below. http://www.suncorpgroup.com.au/about-us/what-we-do/our-brands
If this sounds like you, apply online today. For further information contact Steven Cattley on (02) 8121 3276.