Responsible for the preparation of the Australian accounts on a monthly basis, including balance sheet account reconciliations, revenue recognition in line with company policy and assisting in preparation of budget and actual reporting to Sweden
The client is a global solutions provider focusing on Healthcare ICT and wireless integration work-flow solutions. They deliver productivity and safety enhancing solutions to companies, organisations and institutions around the world and are looking for Financial Accountant for a 6 month contract
The Financial Accountant will report to the Finance Director, responsible for:
- Prepare tax work-papers (FBT/BAS/Income Tax)
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts for group entities
- Annual budgeting and forecast process as required
- Produce monthly P&L and Balance Sheet for the Australian entities
- Assist and contribute to the mentoring and training of the finance team in best practice accounting methods
Administration of the assets register
- Invoice large project jobs in line with contractual agreements.
- Following up overdue accounts and credit control.
- Prepare month end receivables ageing report.
- Estimate and manage the cashflow between the consolidated entities
- Issue cost centre reports including variance analysis to managers
- Assist with the preparation Statutory Accounts and Financial Statements for Consolidated group at Half Year and Full Year, including Notes disclosures
- Prepare the Consolidated Half-Year and Year-End Audit files with working papers for external audit
The successful Financial Accountant for this IT organisation based in Sydney will have:
CPA or CA qualified.
5 years + experience with Financial Reporting, Statutory & Tax Reporting and Financial Management
Knowledge of project accounting or fund accounting
Experience using MYOB
Experience using a reporting package such as SAP Business Objects or Hyperion
Practical knowledge regarding transactions related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, tax, FBT and closing month/year end requirements
Attention to detail
A base salary of $75,000 - $85,000 + super