Get new similar jobs by email for
We have an exciting opportunity for professional field chemist/sampling technician to undertake well site fluid sampling and analysis for our client in South Australia’s Cooper Basin.
The successful candidate will be provided with second to none amenities whilst on location – Individual hut based in Dallingara - includes ensuite, TV and internet connection; wet mess/3 meals a day; tennis courts/gym; shops.
Full-time fixed term contract 3-6 month contract with possibility of permanency.
Rotation from Cooper Basin back to Adelaide for down time - 2 weeks on 2/1 week(s) off; 10hr day shifts; Buddy system initially to learn the ropes; 2 day course - 4WD and Gas detection training provided as part of on-boarding.
• Perform basic well site sampling and analysis i.e TDS and Turbidity
• Maintain sampling and analysis equipment
• Physical inspections of well heads and foaming injection process
• Checking computer systems to ensure pressure data is within specification
• Record and document reports
• Liaise with onsite staff and Adelaide Manager as required
• Onsite base Dallingara
Skills & Experience
This role will suite a technical chemist who is mechanically minded to understand about pressure and flows; or a chemical engineer who is chemically minded to undertake the sampling and analysis component of the role with proficiency. Environmental scientist would also be suited.
Remote work experience or willingness to work remotely is essential.
Applications from Graduates are welcomed.
• Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience
• Experience in a laboratory setting – oil/gas, environmental samples ideal
• Previous experience working remotely
• Flexibility to work 10hr shifts
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Working rights in Australia
• Permanent opportunity
• Solid national company with good growth and stability
• Other divisions within company
• Opportunity to get out in the field and be your own boss
• 4WD drive and gas sampling training
• PPE and flights back to Adelaide included
Click 'apply' online, to submit your CV (word format only), if you feel you meet the above criteria. Christina Lekkas on 08 8367 4182.
Kelly Services is a Fortune 500 company, operating in more than 30 countries and territories worldwide, with 25 years history in Australia and located in every major city nationwide. We deliver staffing solutions across temporary assignments, permanent placements, outsourced recruitment and HR consulting. Our core service lines include Commercial, Industrial, Trades, Engineering, Financial and Scientific resources divisions.