Get new similar jobs by email for
Executive Support Officer
• Working with professional and motivated management team
• Flexible workplace
• Grade 3/4, Salary package up to $86,665
Public Works Advisory (PWA) is a business unit of the Property and Advisory Group, a division of the Department of Finance, Services and Innovation. Public Works Advisory provides a broad range of infrastructure advisory, procurement, project management and engineering services across NSW, assisting local and state government clients to plan, develop, deliver, manage, operate and maintain critical infrastructure.
About the role
The Executive support officer provides timely, effective, high-level executive, secretarial and administrative and related support services to the Regional Director.
We are looking for a strong team player with excellent communication skills, attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to work efficiently under pressure with competing priorities.
You will be responsible for
• Managing the Regional Directors diary including prioritising and organising meetings and events
• Establishing priorities and evaluating incoming correspondence and phone calls to escalate urgent and critical matters and provide support
• Providing secretarial support to meetings and where required committees or other events involving the Regional Director
• Ensuring timely management and approval of correspondence, briefings and bid development submission
• Developing high quality presentations, corporate documents briefings and correspondence, based on the information collected or provided by the Regional Director, Operations Manager or members of the PWA team, using software applications such as Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Adobe.
Join us: This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be part of our PWA team that supports innovation and initiative in the delivery of quality project outcomes for government that positively impact on the community.
Learn more: Please review the Role Description and visit us at Department of Finance, Services and Innovation. For enquiries regarding this position, please contact Vanessa Moroney, Operations Manager, Public Works Advisory, South Coast on 4226 8518.
Talent Pool: If the selection panel identifies more than one suitable candidate for the role, a talent pool may be created from which suitable candidates may be chosen and directly offered employment in other similar roles (ongoing or temporary) in the near future.
Salary: Salary package up to $83,665. Package includes a base salary ($68,929 - $75,476) and employer`s contribution to superannuation.
Job Status: Initial Temporary Assignment for 2 years with potential to place permanently.
Closing date: Thursday 15 March 2018 Your application should include a covering letter maximum two pages and an up-to-date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this position.
Please note: shortlisted applicants will be required to complete online psychometric testing. There are no selection criteria to be addressed, however please provide a response to the following targeted questions:
Question 1: How does your experience, skills and personal brand suit this role?
Question 2: What is your reason for interest for this role?
Apply now: at I work for NSW Should you encounter any technical problems, please contact their helpdesk 1800 562 679. For any questions about making your application, please contact DFSI Recruitment Team on 02 9372 8121. If you require any assistance with technology, visual/hearing aides or location access for the interview process, please indicate within your application or contact the DFSI Recruitment team.
Job reference: 0000600V
The Department of Finance & Services is an EEO employer and welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultures and people with a disability. At DFSI, we endeavour to make roles flexible. While these roles are advertised as full time, we will consider requests to undertake flexible work arrangements including on a part-time or job share basis.