With the opportunity for an experienced Executive Assistant to join our Commodities and Global Markets Group, we’re hoping you will be interested in joining our Fixed Income & Currencies team.
Knowledge of this financial markets business is not essential.
We see your willingness to learn about the business and the role of directors in the management of offshore business ventures and your skills as a competent Executive Assistant more important. We’re looking for an EA with strong interest in community and charitable causes to work on a large number of philanthropic projects led by one of our Directors. These will place you often under pressure and tight time-deadlines.
Working closely with both Executive Directors, as well as working closely with other EAs, you’ll need to ensure things run smoothly. It is a busy, fast-paced environment and so the ability to work quickly and efficiently and knowing how to prioritise are important attributes.
With considerable client and charitable stakeholder engagement and a myriad of functions and events to organise, you’ll be expected to manage the many administrative components to ensure relationships at all levels are maintained and events run smoothly. The role offers diversity but it is essential that you take ownership of your work. You’ll need to be able to multi-task.
As an experienced Executive Assistant, you should be able to:
- build relationships at all levels, deal with demanding stakeholders and clients
- manage extensive diary arrangements to support meetings, functions, presentations, sponsorships and donations
- provide personal assistant support as required
- co-ordinating domestic and complex international travel arrangements including the preparation of itineraries and management of travel expenses
- ensure invoices and expenses in accordance with internal policies are processed and for sports and charitable initiatives
- maintain the office – helping colleagues with issues as they arise
- organise mail-outs and gifts to recipients for associated functions with sports clinics/charities
- provide support to our traders across America and Asia
To manage this role we think you’ll need:
- relevant work experience; demonstrating a stable and progressive work history to date;
- a strong personal interest in charity/community projects and ideally gained some experience in this area;
- a high level of capability in Microsoft Office
- an ability to deal confidently and professionally at all levels
- to be able to manage high volumes of work whilst remaining calm to ensure issues are managed effectively and in a timely way
- display a methodical, practical work approach as well as displaying a high level of attention to detail
- invoice and expense management experience
- to think practically; be able to find solutions to issues as they arise; you’ll need to ‘think on your feet”
If this is the type of role you’ve been seeking and have a strong desire to be a part of Macquarie, then we’d like you submit a covering letter and concise resume as one Word or PDF-formatted document. To include your covering letter, simply insert an additional page into the front or back of your resume.
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.