- Join a growing Melbourne office with a great culture
- Exposure to a wide variety of projects
- Development, training, support & an opportunity to learn from the best
This privately owned Australian company, specialising in commercial fit out, building refurbishment and construction management founded 20 years ago has a reputation for outstanding service, quality and reliability.
Delivering over $100mil in building projects annually through the Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane offices, their key focus is on the clients needs - delivering value and excellence in every aspect of the service.
In this new role we are seeking a qualified and experienced Estimator who is driven to win work. Reporting directly to the Senior Estimator and State Manager you will be responsible for:
- Thoroughly reviewing tender documentation to develop accurate SOW, BOQ and Cost Plans
- Hard dollar, D&C and Construction Management tenders
- Issuing trade packages to sub-contractors and ensuring trade quotes are received
- Preparing take-offs and tender estimates
- Recommending and delivering bid strategies and value engineering options on tenders
- Preparing methodologies and programmes for submissions when required
- Reviewing & analysing subcontractor quotes and negotiate to obtain best prices
- Preparing tender submissions ensuring all components are included
- Leading the negotiation and clarification stage during Post Tender
- Carry out project hand overs to project delivery team
- Servicing and expanding subcontractor base
- Proven performance through successful tender bids on commercial projects from $250k to $10mil
- Specific experience within fit-out and refurbishment projects working with a building contractor, highly advantageous
- Experience in structural and civil trades is an advantage
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay focused under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships
- Good negotiating skills coupled with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to resolve and handle conflict
- Great autonomous skills with a keen passion for team values
- Flexibility, adaptability and being able to problem solve
- Experienced in Buildsoft, Cubit, MS Project, Microsoft suite, highly advantageous
- Competitive salary package.
- Clear career pathway into a Senior role.
- Supportive, social and fun working environment.
To apply for this position, please click the `Apply Now` button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Kylie Jasinski on 0415 194 515.