Find your job faster
Get notified when jobs like this hit the market
Whoops, we noticed something was incorrect...
Get new similar jobs by email for
Electrical Estimator / Project...
Laser Electrical Narre Warren North
Electrical Estimator / Project Manager
We are a well established Electrical Contracting Company located in South East Melbourne, working within the commercial, industrial and civil sectors. Our ongoing success and growth has created a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Estimator to join our company in a full time capacity. Experience is preferred, however training will be provided for the right candidate.
This position will offer you the opportunity to work for a flexible, professional company in a driven and friendly environment while taking ownership of various projects.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and the Director, you will have the ability to estimate design and construct projects across commercial, civil and industrial industries. You will utilise our existing Job Management system to deliver accurate estimates for project tenders, and manage medium to large scale projects inclusive of the following:
- Estimating / invoicing
- Overseeing contract variations, monitoring requests and ensuring approval is obtained
- Purchasing of materials and ensuring they are ready and on site when required
- Supervision of labour on projects, quality of work, timesheets and safety
- Reporting to the Operations Management team on all matters relating to the project
- Managing the monthly claims process for your projects
- Liaising and developing relationships with key clients, suppliers and staff
- Communicating with the admin team to perform key functions to ensure smooth delivery of project related administration
To Be Successful For This Role
You will have 3+ years experience in working on electrical projects within the commercial, civil or industrial sectors, ideally with a proven track record of managing projects from tender to completion within budget.
You will require the following:
- Strong communication skills including excellent negotiating abilities and influencing skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships.
- The ability to work both autonomously and within a close knit team
- Strong time management skills and adherence to deadlines
- The ability to read and interpret plans/drawings and specifications
- The ability to develop quotations from site visits
- You will be a qualified A Grade Electrician
- You will have a strong career focus
In return you will receive a competitive salary package that will include a company vehicle along with other corporate benefits. You will also have the opportunity to further your career within this growing company and gain experience in specialist fields.
If you have the right qualifications and aptitude for this role, please apply with your cover letter and resume.