Get new similar jobs by email for
• Global company
• Strong commitment to quality and safe work practices
• Permanent and full time Electronics Technician position
• Richmond, Victoria location
BAE Systems is Australia's most versatile Defence and Security Company. BAE Systems Australia's globally recognised skills has produced some of the world's most successful guided weapons and ship air Defence systems, used by various NATO nations.
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are seeking to appoint a self-driven Electronics Technician to join our Aerospace business to make an impact on an exciting and significant Defence project. This key role will report to the Engineering Team Lead, based at our state of the art Richmond office and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
As an Electronics Technician, you will:
• Provide expert technical and hands on services to projects and tasks
• Undertake fault diagnosis to component level
• Carry out component replacement including surface mount rework
• Incorporate modifications to customer equipment
• Assist in the design, construction, testing and acceptance of systems
• Provide field service installation, maintenance and repairs at customer sites
• Liaise with key stakeholders and raise relevant issues in a timely manner
• Work in a safe manner and adhere to safety, health and environment polices, practices, work instructions and legislation
• Actively participate in the risk management process including utilising the risk management system, completing formal risk assessments, workplace inspections and job safety analysis
• Manufacture printed circuit boards, cable assemblies and designing and manufacturing of prototype equipment
As an ideal applicant you will have:
• Previous experience as an Electronics Technician
• Relevant qualification
• The ability to work under minimum supervision, manage own time to address competing task priorities in accordance with budget, schedule and priority
Whilst not essential, previous experience in the aviation or Defence industry will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, HR Advisor - Recruitment & Resourcing. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html