Get new similar jobs by email for
The Delivery Manager role will have you working in a fast paced environment that will allow you to work across both of the department`s granting platforms. The successful applicant will have had previous experience in a Delivery Manager or Project Manager role. As a Delivery Manager, you will lead a small multi-disciplinary team working with stakeholders across multiple divisions and departments.
The successful applicant must be able to work to tight deadlines, have excellent stakeholder management skills and be experienced in Agile delivery. Previous experience working in a grants and service delivery space would be desirable.
Reporting to the Section Manager, Program Delivery Capability, you will join a highly motivated team delivering grant programs and services. Primary responsibilities of the role include:
• assisting the manager to maintain and continuously improve granting processes for the Business Services Branch
• successfully managing the delivery of programs and services on the department`s granting platforms
• providing strong governance and transparency regarding team activities, including reporting to governance groups
• proactively manage issues and risks, identifying mitigation strategies to assist in ensuring successful delivery
• working collaboratively with key Agile roles; including Product Owner, vendors and stakeholders to ensure project outcomes are delivered
• working collaboratively with other Delivery Managers within the organisation to ensure alignment of delivery and knowledge sharing
• leading and motivating teams to transform work practices in an Agile context.
Please refer to the department`s Careers pages for further information about this role.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
This recruitment process is being used to fill a current ongoing Executive Level 1 position. A merit pool may be established to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing Executive Level 1 vacancies should they become available within 12 months from the date advertised.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term
Non-ongoing opportunities may be offered for an initial period of up to 18 months with the possibility of extension (maximum 3 years).
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information see: http://www.apsc.gov.au/priorities/disability/recruitability .
About Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
The Department consolidates the Australian Government`s efforts to drive economic growth, productivity and competitiveness by bringing together industry, energy, resources, science. Our Department is progressive, people-focused, and committed to the development, health and wellbeing of its employees. We encourage and value a diverse workforce. People with diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.