The Community Relations Officer will provide services to the School across a wide range of responsibilities within the areas of Community Relations, Marketing, Publications and Communication. The Community Relations Officer is directly responsible to the Principal for the duties and responsibilities detailed, in order to contribute towards the effective operation of the School.
My Client sits within the Education Industry and is based far south of the river near Mandurah. will be responsible for assisting with marketing and communications strategies and implementation. This is a 12 month maternity leave cover and there will be no room for extension.
- Assist the Principal with the development and implementation of a marketing plan.
- Write media releases and/or liaise with media personnel regarding the achievements of staff/students, and place with appropriate media.
- Design advertisements, write advertorials and make appropriate placements with media as and when required.
- Coordinate the development, printing and distribution of School promotional material.
- Provide marketing guidance to the Registrar in the development of enrolment documentation and communication, and to the Principal’s PA in the design of scholarship material.
- Undertake market research on brand awareness, communication and marketing trends.
- Develop and implement a brand management programme.
- Identify and coordinate additional marketing opportunities.
- Consistently seek and foster opportunities to promote the School in a positive manner.
- Organise family and community events
- Coordinate and assist with celebration activities for School milestones and events
- Assist the Business Manager with Events Management i.e. catering and set up.
- Liaise with the Registrar and assist with Open Days.
- Work closely with parent support groups to enhance communication strategies, publications, event management and profile of the groups within the School Community.
- Coordinate and/or assist with Parent Seminars.
Website and Social
- Manage and maintain the content on the School’s website.
- Regularly update the calendar on the School’s website.
- Update other content on the School’s website, as required.
- Upload the Newsletter on to the School’s website.
- Upload other content on to the School’s website, as require
- Upload messages, letters and calendar entries to Skoolbag.
- Administer and manage the School’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Liaise with Executive staff with regard to both Skoolbag, Facebook and Twitter.
- Administer and manage any other social media accounts which the School may enter into in the future.
- Undertake the coordination, design, collation, implementation, printing and distribution of the School’s yearbook.
- Coordinate and process the whole school newsletter for approval by the Principal.
- Upload the School’s Newsletter to the school website – usually published tri-weekly during term time.
- Organise Newsletter hard copies as appropriate.
- Write articles and/or liaise with relevant staff members and edit articles, as well as take or source photographs for publications.
- Design advertisements and advertorials for the above publications, as required.
- Take responsibility for any other publications, as required.
- Ensure that all publications comply with the School’s writing protocols and style guide.
- Assist with School photography, including year book photography, events, promotional material and professional photographic sessions.
- Proof read Year 12 References.
- Proof read other publications and/or documents, as required.
- Any other duties as required by the Principal.
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Communications and/or Public Relations are highly desirable.
- Advanced ICT skills which will allow the competent execution of the role (e.g. Word, Excel, Publisher, InDesign, Adobe, Photoshop, Internet and MAZE).
- Experience in a Marketing, Communications and/or Public Relations role within an educational setting would be an advantage.
- Experience working with written media (advertising and editorial).
- Willingness to support and model the ethos, values and traditions of the School.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- A warm, welcoming and friendly disposition.
- Highly motivated, dedicated and enthusiastic
- The ability to work effectively with young people.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality, act with discretion and demonstrate a strong sense of loyalty.
- Excellent personal and professional presentation.
- Demonstrated capacity for self-directed work and initiative.
- The ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
- Well-organised and adept at handling multiple tasks, under pressure, within prescribed timelines.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy, flexibility, creativity and innovation.
This candidate will work within an exciting school environment. This is a broad position which will allow the suitable candidate to add additional skillsets to their CV for future roles. Parking available on site.
Please contact Gemma Kelly on 9215 9535 if you have any questions.