Get new similar jobs by email for
Cabinet Maker Apprentice
TABMA is a nationally registered Group Training organisation employing trainees and apprentices in many trades across Australia. We employ the apprentice or trainee and host them with members of the Timber and Building Materials Association (Aust) Ltd.
All trainees and apprentices are paid by us according to either the National Training Wage Insertion or the relevant apprenticeship rate in the appropriate modern awards.
Standard duties include
• Make, repair or install furniture (both free standing and fixed) using solid timber, flat panel or timber based products and a wide range of laminates and other materials.
• Operate machines such as moulders, planers and saws.
• To cut, plane, shape and sand wood.
• How to select, fit and sharpen machine knives
• Program and control CAD and CNC machines.
• Organising the receipt at dispatch of timber and timber products
• Advising customer of product and delivery
• Accurately assemble and package orders
• Receive stock
• Participate in inspection for quality
• Complying with WHS requirements
• Other duties as required
• Physically fit
• Workplace level written and oral communication
• A reasonable ability to complete standard documents and calculations
• Own transport advantageous
This is an entry level position and there are no pre-requisite requirements other than a desire to commence a successful careers and obtain your qualification in this vocation. The successful person will also be reliable, enthusiastic and willing to work as part of a team. Timber experience while not essential will be looked on favourably.
To apply for this position please send you resume and cover letter to email@example.com