Michael and his wife Christine opened their first Michael Hill store in the New Zealand town of Whangarei, some 100 kilometres north of Auckland.
We’ve grown dramatically since then – with over 335 stores, 5 websites, and 2 brands operating across Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United States, with an operating revenue in excess of AUD$500 million.
Internally known as a CRM Coordinator this newly created role will join our Global Marketing Team based in our Support Centre in Murarrie, Brisbane. Reporting to the CRM Manager, this hands-on role is responsible for driving growth and engagement of our customer base through direct communication activity. As we evolve more and more into a data and insight driven business, this role will collaborate with cross functional teams in order to add value to the customer experience, whilst driving ongoing online and offline sales.
SHOW US HOW IT’S DONE
- Manage direct marketing campaign activity including direct mail, mobile campaigns (SMS & MMS), email and digital.
- Work directly with the Marketing Brand teams on campaign execution, and providing operational and technical support by building segmented, email lifecycle campaigns, including; automated trigger and customer journey campaigns.
- Maintain a high level of quality assurance, undertaking campaign quality checks and testing, including, offer setup, cross-browser email and landing page testing, Data selection and validation.
- Identify trends and interpret into tangible business recommendations, present these opportunities to the wider teams and support in their delivery.
- Manage database quality and enrichment by developing compliant and efficient customer data processes.
- Manage List acquisition and import: extracting data and compiling list pulls using a combination of tools including Microsoft Dynamics, and Excel.
- Champion & execute personalisation and one to one communications approach by maintain knowledge of best practice and competitor review.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert and thought leader, build collaborative cross functional relationships, communicate with internal and external partners; lead meetings as needed to help deliver successful results
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU HAVE
- 5 years’ experience in Direct/Digital Marketing, Direct Response, CRM or Data Driven Marketing and Generalist Marketing roles.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Excel, Powerpoint, HTML and Google Analytics required. Knowledge of SQL, BI Tools and Data Visualization would be an advantage.
- Experience of designing and implementing email and digital marketing campaigns to drive specific business outcomes.
- Strong understanding of direct marketing strategies and experience with campaign measurement tools required to track and report on results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A natural affinity for building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- An innately curious nature, and passion for understanding more about customer actions and behaviours.
- Thrive working in a fast-paced retail environment. Experience preferably in a Retail, Finance, Insurance or FMCG.
WORKING AT MICHAEL HILL INTERNATIONAL
- You’ll play a vital role within a constantly evolving company, in a friendly and energetic workplace.
- Every single person who works for us, has the opportunity to grow their skills, with career path opportunities available.
- Plus, staff perks include discount on all our products, monthly BBQs, street parking, and relaxed dress code.