Dynamic private higher education institute based in the CBD is seeking a Business Project Manager on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for ensuring that projects deliver sustainable solutions to drive the achievements of benefits without compromising budgets, timelines or scope. You will also work as an internal consultant to support sponsors and projects owners with the identification of potential projects to drive the achievement of core strategies goals (e.g. revenue growth, market share growth, improving customer experience and improving staff experience).
The successful candidate will concurrently manage multiple projects across several business departments (e.g. Business Development, Education, Finance and Governance, HR, Marketing, Operations and Sales) with a strong focus on benefits realisation. This will involve creating high performance project teams responsible for the end to end project lifecycle including transition to business departments.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop and sustain strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation to maintain an ongoing appreciation of their department`s plans and goals and gain their trust to project manager business critical projects.
- Provide concise and regular updates on project status and facilitate key decisions to drive the successful delivery of the project.
- Support sponsors and project owners to identify projects and initiatives that will drive the achievements of core strategies.
- Assist sponsors and project owners to obtain board and/or executive approval for projects
Project Assessments and proposals
- Conduct external benchmarking and networking exercises to identify and evaluate business and operating models that will drive and accelerate the achievement of the core strategies
- Support and collaborate with sponsors and project owners to develop costed options that can achieve the desired benefits whilst ensuring compliance to policies, procedures and standards.
- Support the preparation and approval of investment proposals including business cases, accurate funding and scheduling estimates, as well as robust risk, stakeholder and change impact assessments.
- Ensure that projects are managed in line with and comply to policies, procedure and standards (e.g. project management methodology, purchasing, privacy, security etc.).
- Ensure business requirements are understood, documented and validated as well as testing and agreeing TO-BE processes against existing AS-IS processes.
- Work closely with all business department to ensure changes/solutions are sustainable.
- Ensure changes are validated with real life scenarios before implementation.
- Proactively manage internal and external project resources. issues, risks and change management activities to ensure that projects will support the sustainable achievement of agreed benefits.
Change Management - People
- Utilise Change Management Methodology to identify the impact of proposed changes and ensure appropriate change management actions (including communication and training) are implemented to support staff, students and third parties.
- Ensure the adoption and ownership of changes and solutions.
Change Management and Documentation
- Ensure relevant documentation is completed on a timely basis (e.g. organisation charts, position descriptions, business and technical documentation, etc.).
This is a permanent opportunity and the right candidate will have a strong background in end to end management of business projects. The role will pay up to $145K + super + benefits, for a superstar.
If you have the right experience please send your CV now or call Karen Gregory on 9270 2601 for a confidential discussion.