This role is a 12 month maternity leave cover. The Assistant Accountant would work in the Government's Financial Services sector.
Our client is a Government Organisation based in South Western Sydney. They are body that's focused on sustainable development within the community and they aim to create opportunities in partnership with the community and to enhance quality of life and the environment, by managing growth and providing sustainable services and facilities.
Work as a team member of the Accounting Services Section to achieve the objectives of the Section and the Organisation.
- Reconcile bank statements and general ledger.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and post approved accounting entries/journals.
- Monitor the integrity of data within the financial information system.
- Assist with general ledger maintenance and processing.
- Provide petty cash reimbursements.
- Process internal rechargeable accounts.
- Assist with warehouse stock-takes when required.
- Audit of s355 Committee financial statements
- Assist with the preparation of the Annual Financial Statements.
- Provide financial analysis, information and support as required.
- Respond to changes in technology and evaluate its impact on current process efficiency.
- Participate in the ongoing review and improvement of processes at all levels of the organisation.
- Show initiative and innovation when investigating, analysing & solving problems or taking advantage of opportunities.
- Assist other Financial Services staff as and when required.
- Actively contribute to the overall performance of the Section through support to the Team Leader, Manager and Executive.
- Create and maintain full and accurate records which document activities and decisions and file these records into Trim.
- Additional duties as required within the limits of the employee’s skill, competence and training.
CA/CPA qualification or part-qualified.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to apply accounting principles.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain complex spreadsheets and databases.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to use Corporate Information Systems and other computer applications to meet business needs.
- Demonstrated understanding of the relationships between various accounting sub-modules.
- Work close to home
- Hands on training
- Government work experience
- On site parking
- Other perks
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Farhad Malegam on +61 2 8836 0723.