Design & Build are currently inviting applications for the role of Administration Assistant to join a large, rapidly growing in Melbourne`s outer west within the Aged & Disability division. You will be responsible for providing a quality clerical and administrative service to the Aged and Disability Services department. It is imperative to assist and provide administrative support to the respective team`s Community Care Workers, as well as the customer service focus to clients, their families and the broader community.
- To provide a range of administration services to the Aged and Disability Services department.
- Attend to all enquiries, internal and external.
- Receive referrals and provide information to the public about Council`s Aged and Disability Services
- Prepare monthly accounts and spreadsheets for payment of client`s accounts and external contracts held by the department, and provide information to the finance unit.
- Monitor debtors and pursue, in consultation with supervisor, outstanding amounts.
- Deal with staff enquiries about roster details, client care requirements, pay or other matters.
- Maintenance of office equipment, stock, stationery and individual portfolios as directed by supervisor.
- Proficient and accurate use of a wide range of software applications, Carelink + would be highly regarded
- Organisational skills with capacity to prioritise work, meet competing demands and timelines with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of community services and agencies involved in community care
- Administrative experience in an office environment, with experience in word processing, spreadsheet and data base software packages, accounts payable and receivable, and data entry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and sensitivity in dealing with others
Working with a number of Council`s within Melbourne you are interested in this or other Local Government opportunities please contact Sarah Kettlewell on (03) 8535 3100 TODAY!